I’ve missed eating soup, and then I found this recipe. I’ll be making it for lunch, with some Pura Vida raw onion bread on the side!
I’m hoping it tastes good.
Review after lunch!
- 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped coarsely
- 1-2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 quarts chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup whole milk (I’ll substitute with almond milk)
- salt and pepper
Methods / Steps
- Heat the olive oil in a 4qt. soup pot over medium heat and add the onion and garlic. Cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the leaves and thick core from the cauliflower and coarsely chop. Add the cauliflower, thyme and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until the cauliflower is very soft and falling apart, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and, use a blender to puree the soup in small batches or use an immersion blender and blend right in pot.
- If soup is too thick, thin with more stock or the milk. Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish with a little thyme
I found this recipe which has cheese (which of course I will omit) but I liked the idea of roasting the cauliflower first – in coconut oil, to add flavour.