First off – I know the photo is awful. I’ll replace it tomorrow. But it was so good I just couldn’t wait to eat it!
Ginger chili fried turkey thigh, with cucumber raita wrapped in chinese lettuce leaves. Yum!
For the turkey
- 300g diced turkey thigh
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece ginger, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 tbs paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- tsp sweetener (I used xylitol)
- generous pinch Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the Raita
- 3rd cucumber, finely chopped
- 2 tbs probiotic natural organic yoghurt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbs chopped coriander
3-4 leaves of chinese lettuce, washed and patted dry
- Brown off the turkey thigh in a pan over a medium heat
- Once the turkey pieces are browned, add the shallots and cook until softened
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook until softened
- Add the paprika, chili powder, sweetener, salt and pepper, and mix until the turkey pieces are well coated
- Add a splash of water and cover with a lid.
- Cook until the turkey is tender and the sauce has thickened (add more water whilst cooking if necessary)
- Add the chopped spring onion just before you finish reducing the sauce
For the Raita
Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix together. Add salt and pepper to taste
Place a tablespoon of raita on a lettuce leaf and top with a tablespoon of the turkey
Wrap, and enjoy the combination of sweet, gingery, slight heat of the turkey, the cooling fragrant raita and the crisp sweet lettuce with each bite!