There isn’t anything novel about today’s recipe. It is simply my breakfast!
But in the spring, when asparagus is at its best, I think its a shame if it doesn’t grace the table a few times.
And it was a lovely spring-filled plate of colours and flavours for such a wintery day!
Butter Roasted asparagus
Ingredients (per portion):
- 4 Asparagus spears, washed
- 1 knob butter (Olive or coconut oil if dairy freee)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chop the ends off the asparagus spears and peel the outer bark off the ends if they are woody
- Heat a knob of butter on a baking sheet in the oven till melted
- Using tongs, turn the asparagus spears in the butter, season with salt and black pepper and roast in the oven for 10-12 minutes, until soft.
- When cooked, squeeze over some lemon juice.
- Serve on some flaked peppered salmon, and topped with a poached egg, and garnish with fresh coriander
- Enjoy a decadent but delicious breakfast.