The boy was very keen to help me in the kitchen today and so we drew a line through a couple of ‘to makes’ on the to do list. One was more pesto!
I only had very sweet cherry tomatoes so I added some spinach to combat the sweetness little. There was enough to fill 3 small jars so I added parmesan cheese to one batch. I added it to some Pesto and Sesame Buckwheat bread too.
All in all, finger lickin’ good!
Roasted tomato and spinach pesto
- cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup toasted almond flour
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 handfuls basil, chopped
- 1 handful baby leaf spinach
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp Parmesan (optional)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Slice the tomatoes lengthways, and toss in a little oil, salt and pepper.
- Arrange on a lined baking sheet and roast for about 30 minutes (do not allow to burn)
- In a food processor mix the almond flour, garlic, paprika, puree, Parmesan cheese (if using), oregano,1 spinach and the basil until finely chopped. (A hand blender works well too).
- Add in the rest of the oil, and the roasted tomatoes and blitz until as smooth as you desire
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately or keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator.