Having made some more pesto, I decided to try buckwheat bread again. This time I substituted some of the buckwheat flour with coconut flour and pesto for oil to try and mask the strong flavour of the buckwheat a little. I think it worked.
There is no baking powder in this recipe so its a little spongy but toasts well.
I loved the addition of sesame seeds.
Roasted Tomato Pesto and sesame Buckwheat bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbs oil
- 2 tbs roasted cherry tomato pesto
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 40g buckwheat flour
- 20g coconut flour
- 2 tbs probiotic yoghurt (Substitute with oil or almond milk for a dairy free recipe)
- Preheat to 160C
- Separate the egg and whisk egg whites with pinch salt until they form stiff peaks
- Mix together the other ingredients with the rest of salt
- Fold the mixture into egg whites
- Pour into a greased or baking paper lined bread tin
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and freshly ground black pepper on top
- Bake for 35 mins until a skewer comes out clean, and cool on a wire rack (If you can wait that long!)
If you try it out, I’d love to know what you think?