This is my first attempt at a gluten, dairy, sugar free chocolate spread substitute!
I realize that first line doesn’t make it sound appetizing at all, but I assure you this was wonderful, if very naughty!
Try it and let me know what you think!
- 1 tbs coconut milk (just the cream)
- 1 tbs coconut oil (Use butter if not dairy free)
- 1 tbs Hazelnut butter or roasted hazelnuts, finely chopped
- 2 tbs carob powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Sweetener to taste (I used xylitol)
- Tiny pinch salt
- Melt the coconut oil or butter with the coconut milk
- Mix in the hazelnut butter, carob powder and vanilla until smooth (if too thick add a little of the coconut water or some unsweetened hazelnut milk)
- Stir in the salt and sweetener.