He asked for them this morning and despite the fact they were to be coupled with a chickpea curry, insisted it was what he wanted! So here they are!
Garlic Hasselback Potatoes
- 6 medium roasting potatoes
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 tbs oil
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
- 2 cloves garlic. crushed
- Preheat the oven to 220C, and heat the oil, butter and garlic in the roasting tin
- Place a potato in a wooden spoon and make small (3mm) slices along the potato, (the edges of the spoon will prevent you from slicing through the potato)
- Repeat with the rest of the potatoes
- Once the butter has melted, remove the roasting dish from the oven and place the potatoes in it. Baste with the melted butter and oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven once tender in the middle and golden and crispy on the outside.