I wanted to make a kind of praline filling to nestle around the roasted hazelnuts in the centre of the chocolates that we made.
Unfortunately, it was so good I had to stop myself eating it by the spoonful. A large spoon at that!
And it’s so easy to make it would be a crime not to!
Chocolate Hazelnut Butter (gluten, dairy and refined sugar free)
- 100g hazelnuts, roasted, skins removed
- 2 tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 4 tbs maple syrup (or use sweeteners of choice)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/2 tbs lucuma powder (optional)
- Blend 3/4 of the hazelnuts in a food processor or blender until smooth).
- Stir in the cocoa powder, maple syrup, salt and vanilla paste and process until well combined. (Add the maple syrup by the tablespoon and stop when it is sweet enough to your taste).
- Roughly chop the rest of the hazelnuts and stir into the butter for some crunch.
- Store in a glass jar with a tight fitting lid saving at least a spoonful aside to eat at once!