Todays baking session feels like something of a triumph! Banana and Chocolate marble cake and a Pomegranate and Banana cake that I will post the recipe for tomorrow.
I’m not a huge fan of the texture that gluten-free flour blends give to cakes and so I tend to use almond, chestnut, and buckwheat flour instead.
Its not easy to get the balance right so that recipes turn out light and crumbly and up until now I have been mostly dissatisfied with my attempts.
But these banana chocolate marble cakes came out so perfectly light and crumbly that it was all I could do not to eat them all!
Next time I shall make a much bigger cake!
Banana and chocolate marble cakes (Makes 4 mini loaves)
- 100g almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 0.5 banana
- 1 heaped tbs raw cocoa powder
- 0.5 tbs lucuma powder
- 3 tbsp raw agave nectar
- 2 tbs natural probiotic yoghurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs golden granulated sweetener
- Pinch pink himalayan salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Whisk together the eggs, vanilla extract, and agave nectar in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix in the mashed banana and then the yoghurt.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients (except the cocoa) and mix until well combined.
- Pour 1/3 the mixture into another bowl and stir in the cocoa.
- Drop the vanilla mixture into mini loaf tins and fill almost 1/2 way up.
- Drop a spoonful of the chocolate mixture on top and then another spoon of vanilla mixture on top of that
- Gently swirl together using a toothpick or knife
- Bake for 4o minutes until golden brown and a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack