We made our first batch of fruit leather. It was so simple and yet the boy was delighted with them.
These are Raspberry and Vanilla flavoured since I had some frozen raspberries in the freezer. I used honey to sweeten them slightly as the raspberries were very tart, but depending on how sweet your fruit is this may not be necessary.
I don’t have a dehydrator so they were done in the oven at its lowest setting.
The boy has requested that the next batch be Carrot and Blueberry and will be looking forward to having them in his lunch box!
Raspberry and Vanilla Fruit leather (Refined Sugar free)
- 450g Raspberries
- 3 tbs honey, ( use sweetener of choice to taste)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Juice half a Lemon
- Preheat the oven to 50C (0r lowest setting). Line a baking tray with plastic wrap (it will not melt at this low setting)
- Blend the fruit and lemon juice together until smooth
- Using the back of a wooden spoon, push the pulp through a sieve into a bowl.
- Stir in the sweetener if using to taste.
- Pour the pulp on to the baking sheet so that it reaches a thickness of no more than half a centimetre
- Dehydrate in the oven for 8-12 hours until it is no longer tacky but dry to touch.
- Peel off the plastic wrap and place on a sheet of parchment paper
- Cut into strips and roll up so they are in ready to eat portions!
- Store in an airtight container.