Today we made Soda Bread (Gluten, dairy and yeast free), a green Almond Pistchio cake, and rainbow dessert Pizzas in celebration of St Patricks Day.
What fun we have had with these beautiful colours brightening up our kitchen.
The boy built his own, using a wholemeal pitta bread as he wasn’t so keen on the buckwheat pancakes. I took photos and then he polished it off in seconds! Then I forgot to take photos of the ones on the buckwheat pancakes before they were all eaten. Doh! However you can see how the pancakes look in chocolate form over here
St Patricks Day Rainbow Pizza
- Chopped fruit (I used strawberries, cantaloupe melon, banana, kiwi, blueberries, purple grapes)
For the homemade Nutella (gluten, dairy and refined sugar free)
- 100g smooth hazelnut butter
- 2 tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 4 tbs maple syrup (or use sweeteners of choice)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/2 tbs lucuma powder (optional)
For the pancake: (gluten, dairy and refined sugar free)
- 150g Buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- Small pinch Salt
- 0.5 tsp Mixed Spice
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 2 tbs Honey (or whatever sweetener you desire)
- 200mls Almond Milk
- 1 tbs oil
For the nutella
Blend together the hazelnut butter, cocoa powder, maple syrup, salt and vanilla paste and lacuma powder (if using) and process until well combined. (Add the sweetener by the tablespoon and stop when it is sweet enough to your taste).
For the Pancakes
- In a measuring jug, whisk together the buckwheat flour, baking powder, and salt
- Pour in the almond milk, vanilla, honey or sweetener and beaten egg whisk until smooth
- Heat a tsp of oil in a skillet over a medium to medium-high heat
- Pour the batter into the middle of the pan until is spreads the the size pancake you want
- Cook until browned on the underside and then flip over and cook the other side.
- Decant onto a place and cover to keep warm
- Repeat with the rest of the batter until you have a lovely pile of pancakes
To assemble the Pizza’s, spread the nutella on the pancake, and arrange the fruit into a rainbow and enjoy!